Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Crafting for the Classroom

I have been working full time this summer and it has made it VERY difficult to get to my classroom.  I have been working on an activity crate (picture to come later) all summer.  It is essentially a milk crate with files of all the major subject areas in math and reading so that I can have different games and activities to pull out whenever I need them.  I have just recently started coming up with a color scheme and ideas for decorating.  Last year I got hired so late and it took so long to get going, my room never really got as cute as I would have liked so this year I am excited to get it all dolled up!! My first project was to make a magnet board to hang above my desk.


Last year, I would have notes and reminders and school information cluttered all over my desk and they always got lost or ruined so I thought this would be a good idea to help keep them more organized (which I am a bit obsessive over). 

I chose to do a brown, green, pink, and blue color scheme in my room this year.  I think it is cute but not overwhelming like bright colors can be, which is good for kiddos that struggle with attention.  
To make the board, I bought a magnetic white board at Big Lots (super cheap!!) used some of my scrapbook paper to decorate, painted the edges green and covered it with contact paper.  I think it turned out really cute.  I am hoping to do some more crafty things to decorate the room in the next 3 weeks before school starts so stay tuned! 

I also went to United Art and Education today (Love Love Love teacher stores) and got some really cute things to add to my color scheme.


I was so excited and I can't wait to go to my room after work tomorrow and start getting it all set up!




1 comment:

  1. OK....So I thought I posted a comment the other night, but maybe it didn't go through :/ ?

    It's Michelle Bailey :) LOVE reading this! I'm in the same mode as you - get as much done in as little time as possible! We should swap stories. Keep up the great work on here. :)

    ReplyDelete