Thursday, February 16, 2012

St. Patricks Place Value Freebie

Wow... What a week it has been!  I have been an emotional rollercoaster but sometimes that just happens.  But enough of that... Today was kinda a wash for teaching but man did I get some stuff done.  Our kiddos grades K-5 went to Children's Theatre and saw Pinnochio and our 8th graders went to a Holocaust museum so needlesss to say... my groups were almost all cancelled.  I saw 1 group today and it went quickly.  I took advantage of this empty day and I reorganized all of my worksheets.  I took them out of binders (because it just wasn't working) and put them into files in my filing cabinet.  I cleaned a bit, organized some comprehension activities so that I can just pull them and teach it, and I started on my behavior presentation that I am giving at the beginning of March!  What a productive day.  Don't you just love when you can get stuff done.  I have gotten 3 new kids this week and so I need to get their paperwork done, but Ill do that this weekend...

Now for the freebie... I am putting together some St. Patricks day activities with some clipart I got from Just So Scrappy (Don't you just love their stuff!).  This is a place value activity.  I have a kiddo that really struggles with this concept.  I have a few activities that have the word form written in order and she has caught onto the simplicity/trick of that.  So I made this one with the place value digits listed out of order to try and expand her thinking and push her a bit harder.  It is a matching game (I need to expand my game types... any suggestions?) and it also contains a worksheet.  Hope you enjoy it!  You can Download it here, all I ask is that you leave me a comment letting me know how you liked it.  Do your kiddos struggle with place value?  How do you plan to use it? 



Have a good night everyone!  Tomorrow is Friday and we're off Monday!  YAY long weekend!


3 comments:

  1. This looks great! Thank you for sharing!

    I would love a day to work in my room...there is never enough time.

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a homeschool mom but I do have my kids do worksheets and activities when they're out of school. We're on Spring Break this next week and this will be a great activity for my 3rd grader. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to use this week! Just talking Friday with other teachers about kids struggling with place value!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete