Sunday, February 12, 2012

You know you're a teacher when... & Chilly Change Freebie

Since the Hubs is working today, I figured I would take the time to work on some more activities.  I dowloaded some clipart (thanks Hadar for the great tip!)

Being a special ed teacher, I focus on the essential skills; the ones that all other skills build on and the ones people need in day to day life (money, time, computation facts, basic reading skills, writing sentences, etc.)  I have a group of 4th graders that I work with and they are just not getting the concept of money.  Therefore I have been making tons of money activities so that I can change it up and keep them interested.  Here is the money game I made today and I think it turned out too cute if I do say so myself!  Feel free to download it here but please leave me a comment and let me know what you think if you do! 




I am also linking up with Kindergarten Lifestyle on You Know You're a Teacher When...  I just love this!  It is so true that there are many things that only those who are teachers and maybe even those who are married to teachers know and understand.  I have loved reading all of your "teacher knowledge" and thought I would share mine as well!


Have a great rest of the weekend!

Taylor

7 comments:

  1. Don't they??? I know my year start at the end of August!!
    Thanks for joining my linky party! It's so fun!
    I follow you now!

    ✿~jeannie~
    ­Kindergarten Lifestyle

    Kindergarten Lifestyle Facebook Fan Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing your coin game! My first graders have a hard time with mastering that skill.

    sarah
    funintitlemath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job!! I was excited to see my name! lol, glad I was helpful! And I TOTALLY think of years in that way, I seriously get so confused!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm awarding your blog with the Liebster award! Please hop over to my blog for more details.

    ~Jen
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait...what?? It's not from September to August?? Wow! :) I am a new follower!

    3rdgradetimesinct.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right. Next year is always Sept. LOL

    Mandy
    http://aspecialkindofclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gave you an award, stop on by my blog and check it out! :)


    3rd Grade Times

    ReplyDelete