Monday, April 30, 2012

Baking: Strawberry Trifle

So I am trying to get life reorganized... Getting refocused at work and ending on a strong note, getting the house organized, cleaned, and doing some remodeling (pictures and more to come on that!!!), and last but not least... my blog! I am a very organized, live by a schedule type of person (how could I not be when I run from classroom to classroom grabbing kids and going). So I decided that I need to have a blog planner/idea of what I want to share with you all each week.   I have also been trying to do some more baking and try out some of the recipes on my pinterest board and in all of these cookbooks that I have.  So I am going to try very hard to try a new dessert each week or at least every other week... these will be going to either mine or The hubby's work because we DO NOT need these calories. 

So here it is, my first official baking post...

This past weekend, I tried a strawberry trifle.  I had never made a trifle before but got a dish as a wedding gift and have always wanted to try.  This was a great first recipe and I recommend it to everyone.  It was very easy to make and I made it even easier by using Kroger Bakery Angel Food Cake; I have not yet mastered the homemade angel food cake! I also left out the orange zest because I forgot about that when I was at the grocery.  I think it still turned out tasty.

I had pinned the recipe to my desserts board awhile ago but you can find the original recipe here.  I will say that the sour cream taste was a bit strong for my liking and also made the cream much more dense than I felt necessary.  I think next time I make this, I will leave it out and add some pure vanilla extract.


Kind of beautiful isn't it?!?!?!  Seeing as I was also cooking barbecue pulled pork and I have a very small kitchen, it was kind of a disaster in there and I did not take any preparation pictures.  I will try and remember that for next time. 

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh .... ahhhh.... it looks soooooo pretty! Great job!

    -Simone
    busyasahoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete