Monday, April 23, 2012

A heavy heart but a happy return...

I am not sure if anyone is still out there due to my lengthy hiatus but I am still here, I promise!!  This is not a teaching, baking, or a crafting post but more of a personal one, so if that's not your thing, stop reading now and check back soon for the good stuff!!!  I am posting today to share a difficult experience and also to explain for my absense. 

So a little peak into the past 3 months...  In February my husband and I found out we were pregnant and we were absolutely thrilled!  We had been trying and were so excited about starting our family.  With the exciting news, came a lot of morning sickness, afternoon sickness, and evening sickness (all you moms or pregnant women out there I know can relate!).  So all of February and March, I got up at 6 am, worked until the bell rang at 3 pm, came home, layed on the couch and didnt move until a) I had to go pee, yet again, b) get sick, yet again, or c) it was at least 7:30 pm and I dragged my butt up to bed.  So on top of all that, I was struggling with that stretch from Christmas break to Spring break that seemed never-ending (you all know that feeling). 

I was I was in my eleventh week of the pregnany and was finally starting to feel better and less tired when I went in for an ultrasound to check for a cyst.  They didn't find a cyst, but they did notice that there was no heartbeat.  Here I am sitting in a dark room, with some stranger, by myself (the hubby didn't come due to them focusing more on the cyst and not looking at the baby) thinking everything is fine, my legs in those stupid stirrup things, finding out that I had lost my baby.  I was heartbroken.  I had a d & c procedure, found out 3 days later that not everything removed, took Cytotec to try and get rid of the remaing tissue which didn't do anything but make me feel like I was dying, and then went through a 2nd d & c all during spring break.  Needless to say I did not get the relaxing spring break I so desperately been hoping for. 

It has been 3 weeks and I am starting to move forward.  With the support of my amazing hubby, family, friends, and coworkers I am doing well and thankful for the blessings that I do have in my life.  I know that God has a plan for me and I pray each day that children are a part of that! 

SO.......
With my newfound energy, I am ready to focus on schoolwork, help my kiddos make some more progress before the end of the year, and continue to grow in my profession by using this amazing resource!  So thank you to anyone who is still out there following me!  It was so amazing to come back to some fantastic new followers, great comments, and even some awards!

Taylor*

6 comments:

  1. My heart is breaking with you. The path to a baby can be filled with such highs and lows, but putting your students into that equation makes it even harder sometimes. It's so hard to carry on for them. I am praying for you and your husband. With God's will, may you have a baby in your arms soon.

    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Taylor, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I don't have kids or a husband (yet), so I can't truly understand. But I, too, hope that God's plan for you includes babies if that's what is best!!

    I'll keep you in my thoughts!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine how hard that must be. Thinking of you and your husband!

    Jenny
    Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saying a prayer for you and your husband. I truly believe God's timing is perfect but it so hard to see sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are back! I will MOST definitely pray my heart out for you and your healing! I am so glad to see you getting back to it! Remember it's all in God's timing!

    -Simone @ busyasahoneybee.blogspot.com
    PS How brave of you to write about your experience! I admire that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taylor, I almost cried when I read this post. I am so sorry for you and praying for you! I know it's hard to do, but stay positive. The school year is almost done and then you can relax and regroup! :)

    sarah
    funintitlemath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete