Saturday, April 28, 2012

It's almost summer freebie!!

So when doing some lesson planning this week, I realized that it is almost May and that we only have 4 more weeks of school... YIKES!! I have been working on some summer work packets for my kiddos.  I know that people have very strong opinions about this either way.  Being a special educator, I think that they are great, in moderation that is.  The tough part is that since I see grades K-8 and they are all working on a bajillion different skills it is hard to put packets together for all 32 of my kids.  Last year I did this and man did it take forever and was not possible to reuse this year (rookie mistake, I know)! So this year, I have been working on some Summer work calendars.  I focused on the most common of the goals that my kiddos work on and made a calendar and supplemental materials for each (phonemic awareness, sight words, comprehension and writing, and money/time/math facts). 

This is a FREEBIE for you!  It is the calendar and the parent explanation letter for sight words.  If you would like the Rotten Apple Game Cards or the Parent Assesssment Check Sheet, leave me a comment with your email and I will send them to you! 

Let me know what you think!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the freebies Taylor! I really like the sight word homework for July! Thinkin' I might assign something like this for homework during summer school! Hmm....

    Thanks again!
    -Simone
    @ Busyasahoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete