Thursday, May 17, 2012

Baby Shower Cookies

Before I share the cookies I made, I wanted to thank those of you that commented on my last post.  I think that I am going to try and throw something together but it's not going to be at the top of my priority list.  If I get it together, I'll be sure to share it with you!

Now for the cookies!...

One of the teachers at my school is having a baby shower for her daughter.  (Thankfully, I was able to keep it together while baking and decorating them).  I agreed to make some cookies that she could use as favors as well as some cupcakes for dessert.  I wanted to share a great resource for decorating cookies.  I warn you though that this task is not for those that like instant gratification.  It is quite time consuming and very delicate work but I love seeing the final product and they just taste so stinkin good.

www.annies-eats.com is a great website for recipes, especially dessert.  You can get her tutorial for royal icing here and it is really good.

Anyways... here are the onesies I made.

pretty cute huh?

All packaged up and ready to go!


Well that's all my brain can handle tonight.  Yay for tomorrow being Friday and then only 2 weeks left! Woohoo!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are sooo cute!! My cookie baking skills are not so neat...mine always taste yummy, but never look pretty. I have never tried icing the cookies - just the thought of it makes me nervous...LOL!
    That is such a sweet gift for your friend!!

    Michelle
    3amteacher@gmail.com
    The 3AM Teacher
    Visit The 3AM Teacher FB Page

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete