Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Getting Organized... Starting with a New Planner!

So I know I haven't done many teaching/education posts recently but as previously mentioned, I am working on getting life organized and so that has been a focus lately.  Also, at school all I have been doing is testing testing testing....  OAA's last week and DIBELS this week.  They are boring to me and so I know they are boring to you.  Thus be the other random posts!

With that said...I have been using Google Calendar to keep track of meetings and to-dos but I just really like writing things down and checking them off.  Also, over the summer I am tutoring 13 kids (at least) and I really need a way to keep track of that schedule.  
I LOVE the Erin Condren Planners but I just cannot justify spending $60.00 on a planner that has to be replaced each year.  Plus, it wasn't customized to what I needed to keep me organized each day.... so... I created my own, personalized and customized. 

I got the cover from MEAD Organizher from Target!  I love this line of stuff!  Cute right?  And only $15.00


I made a set of monthly pages to track important events (b-days & anniversaries).  Each month is colored and has cute little clipart which, well honestly, just makes me happy!



Each week, I have a place to track meetings and places I need to be, a to-do list, a meal planner, and a blogging ideas section.


I think it turned out really cute and hopefully it will help keep me on track! If you would like any of the materials, leave me a comment and I can email them to you!

What do you use to keep yourself organized?

Taylor*

4 comments:

  1. I love this! I'm always looking for better ways to keep myself organized. I would love to have a copy of this. Thanks
    kheinrich9@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have I not found your blog before!? My blog is all about teaching, baking, and crafting too! I'm a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your planner! Its so cute and I LOVE that it was not $60!!!! Such a great idea! Keep an eye out for my blog planner... post coming on Saturday the 12th! (so much planned ahead of time!.... this planner is working so far!) Hope your planner is helping with the organization factor!

    -Simone
    busyasahoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. BY the way .. jsut noticed your awards off to the side! They look great! Glad i could help!

    -Simone
    busyasahoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete