Sunday, June 24, 2012

Vacation's over and now it's time to get to work

Hey guys! I spent the last 10 days in Panama City Florida sitting on the beach, doing some shopping, taking a boat tour and seeing some dolphins, Oh and a whole lot of sittin' around doin' nothin'!!!
This was my view for those 10 days... Awesome right?!!!?!!!

So now that I'm back, it's time to get some work done.  I start tutoring on Tuesday.  This week will be devoted to getting to know the kiddos that I haven't yet worked with.  I will be doing some grade level skills assessments and some quick checks just to determine what skills I need to focus on with each kiddo.  This is my first year working part time in the summer and my first time tutoring  a large number of one-on-one groups.  I have 16 kiddos that I meet with each week... Yikes!!! I am postin' up shop at the Barnes & Noble right by our school.  I sure hope they still don't mind me being there once they really see that I will really be there about 6 hours a day, 3 days a week (I talked to the manager awhile ago and he said he didn't care, but I'm still worried).

I have been reading "Now I Get It" by Joan Lazar & Christine Vogel.

I have read quite a bit of it, but decided to go back and go chapter by chapter and make some activities to go along with the strategies.  I am hoping to make activities to post on TPT that go along with the strategies suggested in the book.  I have contacted the authors in hopes that they will approve and will hopefully have a pack of the first strategy completed soon!

Non-School Related:

I am sure most of you have seen this pin on Pinterest:

Yep... I'm doing it.  Monday starts my 21 day challenge, and I will keep you posted on how I'm doing.  If anyone else would like to join me, we could definitely be a helpful support to each other!

I will also be doing some major organization at my house this summer.  We have some minor reorganization in both bathrooms, a major overhaul in the basement, and emptying out the office, restoring the deck and livening up the deck/patio area, and next week... drum roll please... the downstairs closet!  I'm thinking something like this.... except I have way more stuff so who knows! 

Wish me luck!
Taylor

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your challenge. I know I would not be able to do that. I feel like I need chocolate everyday.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to split my summer time between organizing my house and moving my classroom. I am your latest follower.I am giving you the One Lovely Blog Award! Just head over to my blog to accept:

    littlemissbartee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete