Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Any tips or suggestions to increase my traffic?

Hey gals!  So my blog's 1st birthday is coming up (Aug. 31st!!!) and I kinda can't even believe it.  It has been a year of ups and downs, but I keep coming back to this here little bloggy blog and all of you amazing ladies.  It is such a great place to go for collaboration (since I don't get much of that at my school), support, ideas, resources, friend building and so much more.  I had set a goal for myself awhile back that I thought it would be so cool to have triple digit followers by my 1st birthday.  I have no idea why I thought that would be awesome and ya'll might think I am so silly but it just looks so cool when I go to someone elses page and see a triple digit number under the followers.  I had a lengthy little break while I was dealing with some personal life things but since being back I have loved it all the more!

So my question... do you have any tips on how to get some more people to my little 'ole blog?  I do lots of freebies, made it super cute, opened a TPT store and try to post things that I think people will find helpful (more during the school year than now obviously...because well... there's just more to share then).  I highly doubt I will make good ole triple digits in the next 14 days but I'd love to continue growing and I have definitely felt like I have been at a consistent number recently. 

So that's my question for you... What did you do when you were still a youngin in the blogging world and had double digit followers?  What do you as readers want to see from me?  This has been such an outlet and support for me and I would love to continue to learn and progress in this wonderful world of teacher blogging!!

Thanks all, hope your having a great week! 
Taylor

8 comments:

  1. One of the ways I think I have as many followers as I do is that I read TONS of blogs and comment on them a lot with the link to my blog in my comment!

    Also I do linky parties. Not all the time or anything, but when I feel like I have something to contribute. :)

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will need to find some good linkys I can share ideas with! Thanks Jill!
      Taylor

      Delete
  2. I agree with Jill. I did my first Monday Made It this week and by the end of the day I had at least 10 new followers!

    Also, and I hope you'll take this in the spirit it's intended, get rid of the robot checker on your comments (Rachel's tutorial) and change your post feed to include all of each post in feeders (like Google Reader).

    Both are easy fixes, I promise!


    ✿Lynn
    Inside this Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O gosh. Thank you so much for letting me know about the robot checker. When I redid my blog I thought I fixed that but apparently it didn't work. I'm going to try and fix this now! Thank you thank you thank you!
      Taylor

      Delete
  3. I agree with all the ladies above but will add these two:

    1.for every linkup make sure to comment and view at least 3 blogs. I do not follow all of the. Logs I comment on but I do read and comment on at least three for each link up!

    2. Post regularly - like every day and get in the habit of posting the night before for link ups! Make sure u are ready for the link up when the host posts the link up!
    Ok that's my input! Still trying to gain a following on my blog too... But I am getting so close to 100 it's amazing! Hope I helped! -Simone @ http://busyasahoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I have less followers than you - so take what I say with a grain of salt. First,your blog is cute and I just saw your portfolio freebie - wonderful. I agree with the linky parties - that's where lots of my traffic comes. You might also consider email replies to comments and when you see someone asking for a guest blogger, volunteer. hope you hit 100 soon.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leave thoughtful comments with your link and network as much as you can with other bloggers. :) Charity Preston's TBTS program is good too. You have to pay, but you learn SO much through her videos and you can network with lots of others.
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you do FB and Twitter? Twitter is great for getting followers. Search hash tags that might fit your blog and start using them on your twitter updates. Also search out a few homeschool blogs and try to follow them. I know you're not a homeschooler but we follow teacher blogs looking for neat ideas too.

    ReplyDelete