Monday, July 16, 2012

Fear Zapper!

Hey guys!  I hope that everyone is loving their summer break!  I have been so busy lately with tutoring, house stuff, school preparations, and trying to squeeze in fun stuff.  I have been working on a ton of stuff but nothing is finished so I don't have much to share on the creative front.

I do want to share with you something that is kind of exciting.  One of my mom's friends has been working with some pretty awesome kiddos to create an online fear therapy program.  It's called My Fear Zapper and you can check out the website here.



This is a program for kids ages 3-7 but it can help older kiddos as well.  If your child or a child you know has some thing they are really scared of, monsters, storms, the dark, etc., this program can really help them! 

Last week I went and met with them and they discussed some ideas about getting the program to be school friendly as well.  I got to give them some pointers and suggestions on how best it could be used in schools and they offered me a chance to set up a curriculum program to go with it that teachers could use or that parents could use to supplement the online portion!  I am so excited to have this opportunity and I think that  I can be really good at it!  Finding the time to make sure I can get it done is another thing but man what an experience this will be! 

So if you have a child that has a fear and you just don't know know what to do about it anymore, you should definitely go check out this program, they have had some amazing results!

1 comment:

  1. wow what an exciting venture for you! That's wonderful! I don't know a child on Earth that doesn't have to deal with this at one time or another.
    Congrats!!
    Reagan

    ReplyDelete