Friday, July 6, 2012

A little bit of stress venting & Oh how I love Vistaprint!




So am I the only one that has BIG, HUGE summer plans which seem to get taken over by other things.  The amount of things on my plate right now is just a bit out of control, however, it is all stuff I enjoy which makes it easier. 

On top of tutoring 3 days a week, I have lesson planning for the 16 sessions that I do each week.  I am also desperately trying to make some new activities for next year as well as get things ready for my new classroom and my new Ocean theme!  I have been working on my schedule for next year which has been a nightmare!  We are trying to start an Intervention Block for our RTI program so the schedule has to match up with everyone! 

For those of you who have been following me for awhile, you know that I am loving the book "Now I Get It" by Joan Lazar and that I am making some activities to go along with her strategies for comprehension.  I recently emailed her and asked about copyright laws and if I would be able to share them with you all.  I just heard back from her and I am going to send her some of my things to get her approval!  Cross your fingers because I know you all will just lover her stuff!

Outside of school stuff,  I am doing a friend's daughter's wedding cupcake display and the wedding is in 3 weeks!!  I am making 240 cupcakes and a 10 in square topper cake plus I am decorating the stand and making labels for the flavors.  I have also been working on a new cookbook/menu planning system which I can't wait to share (I know we all love teaching stuff, but I also know that we all love food and organization too so I thought you'd like to see my system!)  We are redoing our deck area and our basement. I have also become completely obsessed with Subway Art and have been creating some things for random rooms in the house which I will share soon.  I am doing some reorganizing in just about every room of the house I feel like, and I DESPERATELY WANT TO REDO MY BLOG!!!!!!!!  How on earth will I get all of this done????  *Insert rapid breathing here!*


OK, enough of the complaining, I know it will all get done eventually

If any of you are actually still reading .... My VistaPrint order finally arrived!!


I made this from the invitations and this was actually a design I found already made.  I am going to use these as notes to send home to parents to let them know how well their kiddo is doing!
This is just cute right?! Its a notebook which I plan to use for note taking at meetings.
I also got some blank labels which I can use for the kiddos' folders, newsletters, files, etc.


This poster is going to be part of my birthday wall display


This will probably go on my door for the first month!  I made it, so cute right!

And finally, a cute little notepad!
 
And I got it all for $17!

8 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! I feel like my to-do list and projects just keep piling up. Plus it has been so hot here we've been hanging out inside - scared to melt outside. So nothing too exciting, other than hours of vistaprint creating. I love your creations, makes me wish I had a real theme rather than a color theme.
    Laura
    Mrs. Castro's Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MY! Love your Vista stuff, too. I knew I should have done a notebook! I just kept telling myself I could craft one with all my scrapbooking stuff upstairs. You name it & it is probably in my craft room.
    Thanks for stopping by,
    Tamera
    (Myheartbelongsinfirst)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following me! Your items from Vista are adorable! I'm so excited to be a blogger and to share ideas. I also like my cricut and use it for so many items in the classroom- can't believe I use to cut things by hand! I'm one of your newest followers!

    Mary
    Teaching Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! I found you through one of my followers (I was drawn in by your clever blog name!)

    I LOVE Vistaprint and have created an entire cart full of new stuff this summer. I'm just waiting for a free shipping email to come... The notebook you made with the whale is RIDICULOUSLY cute! I may have to "borrow" the design!

    ✿Lynn
    Inside this Book

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so kind of you to take the time to answer my post! That's the best thing about blogging, yes?! I love the collaboration between teachers. I got it!

    ✿Lynn
    Inside this Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I agree!! Especially since the school I'm at is not so good at the collaborating thing... I'm so glad you were able to get it, it's just so cute!

      Delete