Monday, July 23, 2012

So let's try out this Monday Made it...

I am not gonna lie... I have trying so much to enjoy some relaxation for awhile and so I have not been that crafty recently.  Between tutoring and day to day life, it has been BUSY here at the Kazy household so every free second I have gotten I have used to relax and enjoy my first summer not working 45 hours a week!  But when The Hubs decided to go golfing (which always seems to be an all day activity) on Saturday, I knew it was the perfect opportunity to get some creating done! 

I know I am a little late to jump on the Teacher ToolBox band wagon... I have always been late on the band wagon... But I finally made it!!  What was the deciding factor to get it done you ask?  Well I was doing 1 of my many daily Pinterest scrolls when I saw these...
Pinned Image

And they were free!!!!  You can go to Kristen's TPT page here and download them yourself!  They are all sized to fit the 22 compartment organizer that you can find at Home Depot.  She also included a blank page which I copy and pasted as a picture and used Baby Boston Font from Kevin & Amanda's fonts.  That came in handy because I needed a few labels that she didn't have and didn't want a few labels that she did have.  I cut out each label, stuck on some double sided tape, and voila! 


I also did some baking this weekend!  Do any of you follow Gina's Skinny Taste blog?  I have tried quite a few of her recipes and they have all been AMAZING!  This weekend I made some Banana Oatmeal Cookies (click the link to go to the recipe).  Yum Yum! The original recipe calls for walnuts which I used the first time I made the recipe, but this time I didn't have any so I decided to substitute some chocolate instead!  I never thought  I would disagree with the statement "Everything is better with chocolate" but in this case, I really did like them better with the walnuts!!  It is like banana bread in a cookie form! 

12 comments:

  1. I love your toolbox! Those labels are a great find!

    Nichole
    Craft of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Taylor! Katie and I would like to award you with the Versatile Blogger Award. Head on over to Simply SWEET TEAching to grab it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog through The Resource Room Teacher & I'm your newest follower!! Your blog is just adorable!! I love your toolbox. It came out terrific!! I am excited to follow along & share ideas! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower, and I must say that I love your blog! I also love baking, crafting, and teaching!

    Allie
    The Gypsy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, those might be my favorite toolbox labels! I want one, but I haven't gotten around to making one (or buying it yet). Maybe later this summer. I still have another month, so there's still time!

    The Dalton Gang

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've awardced you the Liebster Award! Come on over to claim it! And you are in charge of the cupcakes and cookies for our award show!!

    Mary
    Teaching Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your toolbox turned out cute!! I nominated you for an award, stop by and pick it up!
    -Abby
    Mrs. Saunders' Lovelies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Your toolbox turned out great! I am off to Home Depot to see if I can find the toolbox--however, I didn't see a link or name of the TPT store to download my own set (just the name Kristin?). Help? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up and I apologize about that!! I updated the post and it now includes the link!
      Taylor

      Delete
  9. I love the toolbox organizer! I didn't see the link for the free label download? Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up and I apologize about that!! I updated the post and it now includes the link!
      Taylor

      Delete
  10. Your toolbox organizer is genius and adorable! I do however have a question about printing it. I have tried several times and after cutting them out, they are too small for the drawers. It's not a big deal, but I like how yours covers the entire drawer so you cannot see in it. I have tried printing it from my Apple computer with Keynote and my laptop with PowerPoint and I cannot seem to make them larger. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete