Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wow!! What a day for a blog!! Awards & 100 Followers?!?!

Howdy girls!!  It has been one of those weeks so far... The electricity has gone out 3 times, we had Direct TV installed, I've been running around like a mad woman, and tutoring has been hectic.  Last night though, I got to go meet my sister-in-law for dinner and drinks... 5 hours later, I came on home and crashed!  I absolutely love meeting up with her especially since all of my friends somehow ended up moving to Chicago... Boo!!

Anyways, it has just been crazy.  I had an hour break between tutoring sessions today and so I popped open the computer, went to my dashboard and I about jumped for joy in the middle of Barnes & Noble!  I reached 100 followers!  If you've been following me for awhile, you know I had set a goal to hit 100 followers before my little Bloggy Blog turned 1 (Aug. 31st so stay tuned for that!)  After a few weeks, I was starting to think that it just wasn't going to happen, but what do ya know it did!  Thank you to all of you lovely ladies for following my ramblings!!  I will be having a 100 follower freebie for ya'll hopefully on Sunday or Monday.  Thursday, Friday, and Saturday I will be baking 240 cupcakes and a cake for a wedding so I will be a bit pre-occupied with all that but I promise not to forget you all!

As if reaching 100 followers wasn't enough, I was also awarded 2 awards!!  Beth & Katie over at Simply Sweet Teaching awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award!  If you don't follow them you really should.  They are big on Common Core and have some great math assessments for 1st grade.  And due to my inability to get on and do this post until now, Abby over at Mrs. Saunders Lovelies also awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award!  I just recently started following her and she is new to the blogging world this month!!  I am really enjoying her page and can't wait to see what else she has for us!

I also received the Liebster Award from Mary at Teaching Special Kids.  She is also a new blogger as of this month and she has some great ideas and I love reading what she has shared so far!  She also wrote a little note about what she liked about the blogs that she nominated and I just thought that was so cool and fun to see!  I am going to steal borrow this idea as well!

So first up... the Versatile Blogger!
Here are the rules:
  • Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
  • Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
  • Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
  • Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
  • Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.



  • Ok, I am going to break the rules and do way less than 15!  Please don't shun me!  Also, since I just posted a tons of facts about me, I am going to skip that part as well...

    1. Teresa at 2nd Grade Pig Pen - I just recently found her and I love her cute background so much!  She has also had some great giveaways!

    2. Mrs J. at 5th Grade Chalk Talk - Since I teach sped K-8, I follow all sorts of blogs and I was so glad to find hers!  She has some great ideas and resources for math which I always need!

    3. Amanda at A Special Kind of Class - OK I absolutely love her page!  She has amazing ideas and resources!

    4. Simone at Busy as a HoneyBee - I love Simone!  I have been following her from the beginning and she has been a huge support and follower of me!  She has great things to share and her posts are always interesting to read!

    5. Lilian at Me Teach Good - Ok her blog name is just hilarious! I love it!  I also just recently found her but I have loved what I've seen so far!  For all you owl lovers, she has some great things for you!




    And now for the Liebster Award!
    The rules:
    1. Link back to the person who gave it to you.
    2. Post the award to your blog.
    3. Give the award to at least 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
    4. Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have been offered this award

    1. Ms. C. at Just Wild About Teaching - I love reading her stuff.  She is entertaining and has some really cute stuff!

    2. Alicia at Keeping it True in K-1-2 - a fellow special ed blogger, Alicia is so creative and and makes some really cute stuff! Oh and... holy organization she is good!

    3. Lisa at Fourth & Ten - I love her blog design and all of the resources and downloads I have seen on her page are A-Dor-Able! She is also a fellow Ohio blogger which makes me happy!

    4.Ms. Smith over at Adventures of Ms. Smith - She was a first year teacher last year and she has some great ideas and activities. I just recently found her blog but I love all I've seen thus far! She just goes to show that us Newbie teachers have just as much to add as those veterans!


    Ok there are so many other amazing bloggers out there that deserve these awards too so make sure you spread the wealth!!  However, I am exhausted and it is really time for me to go to bed!  Stay tuned for a big 100 follower freebie and an upcoming 1st birthday celebration!

    Taylor

    5 comments:

    1. thats awesome....thank you for honoring me with the award! =) i noticed you just reached 105 followers id love to participate and donate something if you have a giveaway...email me
      justwildaboutteaching@gmail.com

      Just Wild About Teaching

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hey Taylor,

      I just wanted to thank you again for the lovely award! A shout out to you!

      Lilian
      me teach good

      ReplyDelete
    3. Congratulations of reaching 100 followers and on your awards:)

      Tammy
      The Resourceful Apple

      ReplyDelete