Sunday, August 12, 2012

12 Hour Car Ride = Classroom Website!

How was everyone's weekend?  I hope it has been great... we only have so many left before school starts and weekends really mean something again (and for those of you already back at school, I hope you used yours to your full advantage!).  I spent the weekend in New York with The Hubs and his parents.  It has been a very LONG but great trip.  I will post some pictures later, but for tonight I want to share with you my new website!

Do you guys follow Jen over at Teaching, Life, & Everything in Between?  I kinda love her!  She has some great stuff to share and she recently shared about her Google site that she set up for her classroom.  It came at just the right time because I had been thinking about whether or not I wanted to do this for my kiddos and their parents.  Well after her post, I figured what the heck lets try it out. 

Well 1- 12 hour car ride later, with some spotty internet service at times, I have finally gotten it up and running but nowhere near complete!  Being a resource teacher I have to have lots of pages for lots of reasons to provide lots of support to make it all worth while but I think I set it up pretty nicely.  I am terrified that I will tell parents about this site and then do a horrible job at keeping up with it!!  I am crossing my fingers that they will keep me accountable... I am also slightly terrified that I will do this and parents will never utilize it (I mean they do have one for their child's typical classroom but my stuff is different...right?) I just really hope I don't do all this work for nothing!

Well anyways... I just thought I'd share it with ya'll and see if you have anything that you think I just HAVE TO HAVE in my "Resources" sections at the bottom.  Let me know your thoughts!

** I have no idea how to post a picture of the webpage like Jen did on her blog so I took one with my phone to give you a quick peek at it...I apologize for the quality and my poor technology skills.... Don't tell The Hubs...haha!!**  Click the picture to check out my site and share your thoughts!


Taylor

6 comments:

  1. I made a class page on Google sites too! I haven't used it yet because it has to be a team decision :( But let me know if you need any help!

    Mrs. Love's 5th Grade SUPERSTARS

    Lilian
    me teach good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much! I will keep that in mind!
      Taylor

      Delete
  2. Taylor!! It looks great :o)Thanks so much for giving me a shout out!! I hope more people hop on board and create a google site!

    --jen

    ps: to take a pic of the site, I took a snippet of the page (I have a PC and I used the snipping tool--I typed snipping tool in my computer's search box)). If you have a Mac, you'd need to take a screen shot, which I think is Command, Shift, N (but don't quote me--I'm not 100% fluent in Mac...yet!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Taylor! I looove the site you made! I've been thinking about making a site for a while, because just like you, I feel that my resource room students' parents would appreciate knowing what's going on in my classroom and not just their homeroom classes. You may have motivated me to make one =)

    I read Jen's comment above me.. I'm not sure if you have a Mac or not but if you DO, to take a screen shot it's Control, Shift, 3, but if you want to choose what part of the screen you are taking a shot of, it's Control, Shift, 4.

    Ashley
    The Resource Room Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley for clarifying! I took a guess with N but I wasn't completely sure :o)

      Delete
    2. Thank you both for your sweet words and help with my little technology problem!! Also, sorry for the delay in response, the stupid internet has been out!!

      Ashley - You should definitely make one and if you have any questions, I think you have my email and you are welcome to ask anything! I really think it will help my kiddos' parents!
      Taylor

      Delete