How was your week? Is it weird that things are crazy busy already? Well with all the hectic-ness (yep I just made that up) of the school week I thought it would be really important and helpful for me to reflect on the week and fine 5 things that I thought were really great. These will be brutally honest and not just random "the kids are great." I want this to be a reflection for me and a reminder of how much I love my job even when things get tough. I am going to do this each Friday and I want you to feel free to join in. Maybe one day I'll even make it a linky party.
So here it is... My Fantastic Five Friday list:
1. I found out that there is a possibility that I can get hired 4 days next year instead of just 3! I am so excited about this and I am crossing my fingers that can happen!
2. I didn't have many kids or groups this week so I could really focus on getting meetings scheduled and paperwork completed. With 8 kids going through either re-evaluations or initial testing process, there is a lot of that and so it has been extremely beneficial having this time.
3. My dad is trying to fix one of my kiddos' magnifying glass. This has been a struggle for the past 2 years and I am really hoping that he can get it figured out for me so that it is extremely useful for my kiddo.
4. One of the teachers told me how grateful she is that I am at our school and thinks that I do a really good job at what I do. This was so sweet to hear and many times I don't think I do a very good job or that I make much progress with the kids so it was greatly appreciated today!
5. I am so glad to have a 3 day weekend and regroup after our first week back. Man have I been tired and not used to the schedule so thank goodness for Labor Day where no labor will be done here!
What fantastic 5 things happened to you this week?