Friday, August 31, 2012

Fantastic Five Friday

Hey guys,

How was your week?  Is it weird that things are crazy busy already?  Well with all the hectic-ness (yep I just made that up) of the school week I thought it would be really important and helpful for me to reflect on the week and fine 5 things that I thought were really great.  These will be brutally honest and not just random "the kids are great."  I want this to be a reflection for me and a reminder of how much I love my job even when things get tough.  I am going to do this each Friday and I want you to feel free to join in.  Maybe one day I'll even make it a linky party.

So here it is... My Fantastic Five Friday list:

1.  I found out that there is a possibility that I can get hired 4 days next year instead of just 3!  I am so excited about this and I am crossing my fingers that can happen!

2. I didn't have many kids or groups this week so I could really focus on getting meetings scheduled and paperwork completed.  With 8 kids going through either re-evaluations or initial testing process, there is a lot of that and so it has been extremely beneficial having this time.

3. My dad is trying to fix one of my kiddos' magnifying glass.  This has been a struggle for the past 2 years and I am really hoping that he can get it figured out for me so that it is extremely useful for my kiddo.

4. One of the teachers told me how grateful she is that I am at our school and thinks that I do a really good job at what I do.  This was so sweet to hear and many times I don't think I do a very good job or that I make much progress with the kids so it was greatly appreciated today!

5. I am so glad to have a 3 day weekend and regroup after our first week back.  Man have I been tired and not used to the schedule so thank goodness for Labor Day where no labor will be done here!

What fantastic 5 things happened to you this week?
Taylor

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like overall you might have had a busy week, but it was a good week too!

    Also I love this idea!! I am totally going to write a fantastic five post. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your post as well!! Thanks for joining in!
      Taylor

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the idea for a "fantastic" post. I created one also. Hope you have a relaxing weekend.
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you could join in!
      Taylor

      Delete
  3. Hey Taylor, great idea!! Let's make it a linky party!! I'm still not totally back in the swing of things yet, and so I can't quite pin down mine yet, but we should definitely make this a regular thing. Heck, I don't even have my blog set up yet, but am looking forward to joining this wonderful community I've found! Enjoy the long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I may just do that once I figure out how to host a linky party! Let me know when you get your blog up and running!!
      Taylor

      Delete
  4. Ha . . . I was just thinking this would make a great Linky :) This idea is brilliant and so feel-good! I would definitely join in the positive fun :)

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you for the sweet words! My goal this week in the blog world is to figure out how to host a linky!!
      Taylor

      Delete