Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Deluxe Super Suite Classroom!

Hey guys!

So I am done, well sorta kinda, but as done as it will get by open house which is Monday night.  Thanks to everyone for your kind words of encouragement this week.  I know that it will get better and work itself out, but man is it stressful.

I wanted to share some pictures of my Deluxe Super Suite as my principal called it the other day (I moved to a new room which is a tad bigger but man is it awesome to have more space).

 Here is my desk area!  I am very organized but for some reason my desk never is... My printer is not yet hooked up thus be the cords, and the pile of papers in the front is the stack of to dos...  I have my teacher toolbox which is working out great and files to try and eliminate the piles.  the board will have the schedule and other important school information on it.  The blue hanging file folder holder keeps things I use frequently, like behavior slips, intervention scheduling sheets, and I'll add to it as I realize what I need most often.  Then you have my activboard and below it I hung Target Dollar Center baskets which will hold all of the various flash card type things I need! Loved that idea!!

 Here we have cubbies, file drawers, baskets, and more!  I have ZERO storage in this room.  No closets, shelves, nothing.  It is literally 4 walls with a door and an activboard, so I had to get crafty.  I need to buy another one of those wire shelve things from Walmart so I can set more milk crates on top.  The crates hold all of my activities, file folder games, and downloadables from TPT.  I keep them in clear plastic sleeves that they fit in a hanging file and I can easily see what each is.  The binders on top are assessments, data info, and sped info.  The bulletin board has all of my rules, consequences, rewards and voice level reminders.

 Math bulletin board which has to support and cover grades 1 - 8

 Reading board.

 Writing board!

 Student resource center --> The bulletin board is to help with exit slips.  Each book bin holds the grade level student folders and I will put books and games in there that kids can do if they need filler activities or if I am working with another student.  There are white boards, markers and erasers on the table too.  Underneath the table... mroe makeshift storage...  Then there are student help sheets like multiplication charts, spelling hints, editing checklists, etc. in the blue hanging file basket.  This was great last year.  If a student needed one of these, I sent them over to get it rather than dig through my stuff and take time away from instruction.  Oh and if you see that wall on the left hand side of the picture there is space just big enough for a desk to fit.  I made that Alaska for the chill out center and stuck a pair of sound cancelling head phones so students can come and work on work silently out of their classrooms if need be!

 The view from my door... yep this is actually about twice bigger than my room last year!  I love it!

Hope you enjoyed my little tour there!  I've loved seeing everyone's rooms and I'm glad I oculd share mine!

Taylor

11 comments:

  1. I love seeing other 'special teacher' rooms! Your room looks great! I am a new follower to your blog and a fellow "special teacher." Hop on over to my blog for some bloggy love!

    http://mrshsresourceroom.blogspot.com/2012/08/special-education-blog.html

    Kim
    Mrs. H's Resource Room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks great! Did you use tablecloths to cover the boards? That's what I did this year!

    Hope your open house goes great on Monday and that you get a good night's sleep Sunday! Our Meet the Teacher is next Friday, and I know it will be here before I know it!

    Miss you lady!

    Michelle Bailey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey stranger!! Yep I sure did, thank your Pinterest! haha... Best idea I think I have found on there. Good luck with your open house as well, what grade are you teaching these days?
      Taylor

      Delete
  3. OMG! I just did a little dance.. My Touch Math poster is on your math board! =)

    Sorry, I just got really excited, haha. Anywayyyy.. your room looks great!! I love all of your different boards, very resourceful! And I love the brown polka dot borders! I'm itching to get into my classroom & set up. Hopefully this week I will be able to get in there & get to work. Thanks so much for sharing!


    Ashley
    The Resource Room Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh, yea it is!! I'm not gonna lie, I stalk your blog like crazy!! (I did warn you! haha). Can't wait to see how you get your room together!!
      Taylor

      Delete
  4. K-8?? How do you do that? I'd love to know what your case load is like. How do you make your schedule? Please share. I can't imagine!

    Angelia
    Extra Special Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny you ask, I just posted basicalyl the same question on your blog!! Great minds think alike.

      I will definitely be posting my schedule hopefully next week because I am curious to see what people think... It's a bit out of control. We are in a small school, 1 class per grade which helps, but because of that, I am the only one to work with kids on Service Plans (the private school version of an IEP) as well as kids that are tier 3 in the RTI model. Last year I had 11 Service Plan kids, and 20 Tier 3 kids... This year I have 8 service plan kids, 3 Initial Evals that were requested by parents...already... and a couple that I know will be teacher initiated so who knows how many kids I will have this year. I am anticipating anywhere between 20 and 30... And did I mention I am only a teacher there 3 days a week... Slightly stressful if you can't tell...
      Taylor

      Delete
    2. Oh ha... I just saw your reply on your blog to me... for some reason I never get email alerts when others reply... I wish that we did it that way but our little private school doesn't quite work like that. Plus only being part time and having to cover so many grades, that would be pretty tough. I hate only seeing my kids 30 minutes 3 days a week and have to cover all their goals but you deal with the cards your dealt and make it work I guess!!

      Delete
  5. You made a great use of your space! It looks lovely!!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's tough having no storage but you did a great job. I love your bulletin boards! SO cute!!

    - Sasha
    The Autism Helper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Your room looks great! I am envious of your big room. I'm having a classroom photo linky party. You should link up.

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete