Wednesday, August 1, 2012

So much to do... So little time to do it... Pinterest Style

Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies

I have recently let the panic set in. I look back at my summer bucket list and I don't think that I have done even half of the things on it!  It is August 1st and kiddos start August 22nd.  Since I teach in a pull out setting, I don't typically pull kiddos until the 2nd week.  I feel that the kiddos need to stay in the class and get used to the rules and procedures in their homerooms before they have to come to me and learn a whole other set of rules and procedures.  So that gives me 1 more week to get things really pulled together before kiddos start coming and demanding my attention!!  Even with that extra week, I still like to have the room all together and have a pretty good start on all plans and paperwork... therefore... it is time to get serious about the to-do list!

So I am linking up with the fabulous Lorraine over at Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies for the To Do: Before the First Day of School Linky party. 
This is as much a post to share some awesome pinterest finds with ya'll as it is for me to figure out what the heck I still need to do.

1) Make exit slips - this is something that I am going to try new this year.  I was planning to send kiddos back to class 5 minutes early to give me some time to take some quick anecdotal notes before starting my next group, but I think I am going to have kids fill in exit slips the last 5 minutes.  I am going to make a version combining these 2 concepts. (click pictures for link to pin)
Marzano evaluation chart                                Pinned Image

2) Figure out the procedures I need to teach right from the bat and make a scavenger hunt/activity sheet.  Something kinda like this for the little kids and then probably just a fill in the blank thingy for the older kids. (click picture for link to pin)
Meet the Teacher Night Scavenger Hunt

3) Print my calendars and get my binder put together!  PS don't forget my 20% off sale and go get a copy yourself!













4) Print the Rules posters.  I'm not doing whole brain teaching but I just think these rules make sense, are easy to understand, and they look so cute! (click picture for link)
Pinned Image

5. Come up with my own version of these cute buttons when my kiddos reach a goal! (click picture for link)
Pinned Image

6) Get my room unpacked and put together!

7) Get my kiddos folders put together (the link is for homework folders, mine aren'tt homework but they will be put together very similarly)
Pinned Image

I have way more than that to do but I don't want to bore you all with the details.  But I hope if you hadn't already seen those pins on Pinterest, that they can help you complete part of your to do list!

Taylor


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I don't even want to think about my to do list :)
    I do like your 1, 2, 3 exit slip. Good idea
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your adaptation on the rules! They are cute and I am not sure how WBT would work with my ED students- they might see it as a challenge to "NOT" keep their dear teacher happy!! I also have a huge to do list and I go back on the 15th of August!! Yikes!

    Mary
    Teaching Special Kids

    ReplyDelete