Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday's Fantastic Five

So I know I had said I was going to try and figure out the whole linky party thing so that you all could link up for Friday's Fantastic Five but unfortunately it has been a bit hectic this week and I have not yet found the time to do so.  I would still love for anyone who wants to, to feel free to share their fantastic five too!

So here we go for this week!

5. It was only a 4 day week!  It really did make the week go so much faster and I was so thankful to have a shortened week as we are still trying to adjust to the new school year.

4. I think I may have finally gotten a schedule in place today and will be able to see all of my students next week.  Heck, I may even be able to do some teaching and not just observing and assessing!!!

3. I not only got to see some of my in-laws for Tuesday night dinner, but we also got to see my family this week too and it was great! 

2. I am starting a powerpoint lesson template type thing.  For each group I have a powerpoint slide that reminds the students what to do and helps them know what is expected of them each day!

And the most fantastic thing this week...

1. I worked with a student over the summer and we worked every day on subtraction with regrouping.  I assessed her on it this week and she scored a 100%!!  I was so thrilled!  Sometimes I feel that I don't really make much progress with my students and it's rarely mentioned that if a student does improve that I had anything to do with it.  But I know that this success was due to my support and teaching and that makes me feel great!  We all love when a student succeeds and who cares how they did it, but let's be honest, we all love to know, 100%, that we had a hand in doing it!!!  I was thrilled!

So what are your Fantastic Fives this week?  Enjoy the weekend!
Taylor

1 comment:

  1. Aww congrats on the subtraction victory! It's so rewarding to see such great success :)

    - Sasha
    The Autism Helper

    ReplyDelete