So I know I had said I was going to try and figure out the whole linky party thing so that you all could link up for Friday's Fantastic Five but unfortunately it has been a bit hectic this week and I have not yet found the time to do so. I would still love for anyone who wants to, to feel free to share their fantastic five too!
So here we go for this week!
5. It was only a 4 day week! It really did make the week go so much faster and I was so thankful to have a shortened week as we are still trying to adjust to the new school year.
4. I think I may have finally gotten a schedule in place today and will be able to see all of my students next week. Heck, I may even be able to do some teaching and not just observing and assessing!!!
3. I not only got to see some of my in-laws for Tuesday night dinner, but we also got to see my family this week too and it was great!
2. I am starting a powerpoint lesson template type thing. For each group I have a powerpoint slide that reminds the students what to do and helps them know what is expected of them each day!
And the most fantastic thing this week...
1. I worked with a student over the summer and we worked every day on subtraction with regrouping. I assessed her on it this week and she scored a 100%!! I was so thrilled! Sometimes I feel that I don't really make much progress with my students and it's rarely mentioned that if a student does improve that I had anything to do with it. But I know that this success was due to my support and teaching and that makes me feel great! We all love when a student succeeds and who cares how they did it, but let's be honest, we all love to know, 100%, that we had a hand in doing it!!! I was thrilled!
So what are your Fantastic Fives this week? Enjoy the weekend!