Thursday, July 24, 2014

Preparing for the New Year

So we had our first curriculum meeting this week.  It is going to be such a fun year!  This year I am working in a team teaching model and there will be 3 of us teaching our K preppers!

Our year is divided into a different Habitat theme each month.  We are starting with the pond habitat which will be so fun!  I am in charge of science and art small groups, planning the academic free centers, and doing a total revamp of our classroom library! 

So in order to get started with my planning, I had to make my new teacher binder for the year.  I just love my new cover for the year!  I used backgrounds that  I got free from Melstampz, aren't they so cute?!?!? 
 
 
This is my weekly planner.  I have a spot to jot down plans for morning meeting, what I will be teaching in small groups, and a spot for any random notes such as special events that day, any lead teaching notes, etc.

Then I made a monthly planning sheet.  A place to jot down notes for the next month's small group plans and holidays and events as well as birthdays.  Most importantly here, I have a place to plan my centers for the month! 


Since this is so specific to my needs, I didn't add a link for you to download and use, but if you think this would be great for your use, please comment with your email and I can send you a copy! 

Hope everyone's planning is going well... it's getting close!

No comments:

Post a Comment