Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Funfetti Fudge!

I am sooooooo in love with Funfetti right now!  I tried a Funfetti pound cake 2 weeks ago and discovered I wasn't really a fan of pound cake... to dense... or maybe I screwed it up, who knows but it just wasn't my favorite.  Well the hubs is out golfing tonight, and Peanut was having a great evening of independent play so I decided to do some baking and try Funfetti Fudge!  I found the original recipe on Pinterest of course and discovered a really awesome blog! 
 
 
 

Baking is such a stress relief for me and this was the perfect recipe for a busy momma with a very busy 15 month old! This recipe was easy, required a bowl, spoon, measuring cups, and the microwave, oh and I was finished in 15 minutes!  I popped it in the fridge to set and am now enjoying 1, 2, 3, ok I had 4 pieces!!! 

 
 
If you like funfetti, or you like fudge you will like this recipe.  But if you like both, oh man are you gonna be in trouble!  I am thinking of making this again next week to put in a little gift to give to my new teaching team... who wouldn't want yummy sweets before we start a crazy school year right? Ps, isn't my food photography getting good!  I am super impressed with myself haha!


You will need:
2 Cups yellow cake mix
2 Cups powdered sugar
1/2 Cup (1 stick) butter, cut into 4 pieces
1/4 Cup milk
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup sprinkles 
 
To make it:
1st I mixed the cake mix and powdered sugar together in a microwave safe bowl! 
Then,add in the butter and milk, don't bother stirring it! 
Next, microwave for 2 minutes. 
Take out of microwave and carefully stir to combine.
Once it's blended, add in white chocolate chips and blend again. 
Fold in about half of your sprinkle to give some color.
Quickly spread fudge into a 8x8 greased pan. Add remaining sprinkles to top and gently press down to help the sprinkles stay on.
Refrigerate until completely chilled (I left mine in for 2 hours)
Then cut into squares and serve, or eat by yourself!! :)
 
Don't forget to enter in my FarFaria giveaway, trust me you will really love this app!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment